Instantaneous hot water systems, also known as continuous flow, are the most sustainable hot water system choice outside of solar powered hot water. On demand hot water heater systems are heated through by a gas burner that warms a coiled pipe, known as a heat exchanger. Water flowing through the pipe is heated on demand, reducing the need for a tank, and providing a constant stream of beautifully hot water at the flick of a faucet.
Most continuous flow models use natural or LPG gas, though electric models are available.
ADVANTAGES OF INSTANTANEOUS HOT WATER SYSTEMS
We’ll get this out of the way, instantaneous water is *technically* not instant. It can take a couple of seconds to get your hot water flowing from the tap. This is due to the distance between the hot water system and the tap.
With that out of the way, the benefits of an instant hot water heater are numerous, if you’re thinking about adding or upgrading to a continuous flow hot water system, here’s what to expect:
- Instant flow hot water systems are typically the size of a small suitcase – a fraction of the size of a more traditional water storage tank heater. Not only does this save on space but they can improve the aesthetic of your laundry as a result.
- As a result, continuous flow hot water systems do not require bulky tanks that take up space in your home. As water is heated as it passes through the system, you only need access to water pipes, without having to find space for a tank.
- With water constantly heated, you can wave goodbye to the days of running out of water. No more getting stranded covered in soap with nothing but cold water to rinse.
- You get complete flexibility with your continuous use tank. Heading off on holidays? You won’t waste power heating unused water while you’re away.
- With proper care and maintenance, a constant flow water system can last up to twenty years. In comparison, a traditional storage tank water heater has a lifespan between ten and twelve years.
- Instantaneous hot water systems can also be used with solar hot water systems for increased energy efficiency.
Don’t get caught in cold showers or by bill shock again, make the move to an on demand water heater and enjoy the benefits for years to come. Call a PNG Professional today to find out more!